Leasehold Taxes

Leasehold Taxes collected by the Port, the location from which they were collected, and the parties receiving them. The Washington Department of Revenue requires the Port to pay a Leasehold Tax of 12.84 percent on its leases. As government entities, ports pay no property tax so the Leasehold Tax was instituted to act as a substitute. The Leasehold Tax is paid to the State which keeps 53 percent of the funds remitted and returns the remaining 47 percent to Klickitat County which keeps a portion and distributes the remainder to all applicable cities and special-purpose districts.

Year(s): through
Show as:

Tip: Place cursor over any chart point, column, or wedge to see its value. Click on a table column heading to sort by that column.
Source: Port of Klickitat and Washington Dept. of Revenue.